Did You Know?
- One in ten adults have NEVER had an eye examination.
- 85% of us admit to having problems with our vision.
- Everyone should have an eye examination once every two years unless advised otherwise by their optometrist. It is recommended that children aged under 9 and people aged 70 and over have annual eye examinations.
- It’s estimated that 1 in 5 children has an undetected problem with their vision.
- A quarter of over 60 year olds say the quality of their vision affects their daily routine.
(Source of information. The Eyecare Trust)
- Anyone with PRSI or a medical card is eligible for an eye examination every two years and either a contribution to new spectacles of a free pair